Welcome To Carson City, NevadaNo matter how long your stay there is always something going on
Not to mention the history of the surrounding area; Virginia City, the “Queen of the Comstock” and Genoa and the Carson Valley, the beauty of Lake Tahoe, and the energy of Reno. Carson City is Centrally located less than 30 min from all of our neighbors.
This eclectic sampling also makes a good short-list of what not to miss while you’re visiting. Or what to do/see again on your next trip.
- Stroll Curry Street for unique shopping at places like Hannifin’s Antiques, Due Sorella, Morely’s Books, Westwall Militaria
- Find hidden treasures at on of our many antique shops. http://visitcarsoncity.com/thingstodocarsoncity/antiquing/
- Take home some local art from the Artisan Gallery and Nevada Artists Association Gallery at the Brewery Arts Center or Artsy Fartsy Gallery on Telegraph St.
- Walk a level dirt trail along the Carson River at the dog friendly Riverview Park at the east end of 5th St.
- Gain some elevation and perspective by hiking up Prison Hill for a 360 degree view of Carson City.
- Take a short hike and chill out at the waterfall at the end of King Street in Kings Canyon.
- Take a bike ride on the Ash Canyon Trail System starting behind Western Nevada College.
- 4WD in Brunswick Canyon along the Carson River just off Deer Run Rd.
- Walk or Bike the Blue Line Trail on the Historic West Side
- Explore the Nevada State Museum
- Take a historic ride on the V & T Railway to Virginia City
- Learn about the history of trains at the Nevada State Railroad Museum
- Tour the historic and beautiful Nevada State Capitol Building and Grounds
- Catch a performance at one of 3 venues the Brewery Arts Center on King St
- Explore the Artisan Gallery and the Nevada Artists Association Gallery on the Campus of the Brewery Arts Center on King St.
- Catch the latest exhibit at the CCAI Courthouse Gallery on the 2nd floor of the Carson City Court House on Musser St.
- Take in the CCAI BRIC Art exhibits at the Business Resource Innovation Center on Proctor St.
- Take in some local fine art at Artsy Fartsy Gallery on Telegraph St. Downtown
- Firkin and Fox for drinks and pub dining
Westside Pourhouse for drinks and locally sourced dining
Jimmy G’s Cigar Bar for cocktails and cigars
Carson Cigar Co for cocktails and cigars