THE NEVADA STATE MUSEUM IN CARSON CITY IS NOW OPEN.
The Nevada State Museum in Carson City is now open. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By visiting the Nevada State Museums you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. By purchasing a ticket and/or entering the property and facilities, you agree to abide by all posted instructions and COVID-19 safety protocols. See below for more information about our safety measures.
Here’s what we ask of our patrons:
- Social distancing and masks required.
- Debit or credit card payment only for admissions and for store sales.
- Groups larger than 10 are not allowed unless pre-arranged.
- For information on arranging tours for larger groups, contact Museum Education at 775 687 4810 ext. 237.
Here’s what to expect for a safe and healthy museum visit:
- Staff, volunteers and visitors to wear masks, at all times, inside the museum facility.
- Museums are ADA accessible.
- No food allowed, except bottled water.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from other visitors.
- Family group up to 10 persons is allowed, and the group must stay together.
- Expect delays if the museum is busy and the flow of visitors is controlled so as not to exceed capacity and to insure safe distancing.
- Follow the directional arrows and signage through the museum.
- Touchable surfaces will be sanitized throughout the day.
The Nevada State Museum in Carson City actively engages diverse audiences in understanding and celebrating Nevada’s natural and cultural heritage. Exhibits highlight the state’s natural history, history, a replica walk-through mine and ghost town, the historic Carson City Mint, and the U.S.S. Nevada silver service.
600 North Carson Street
Carson City, Nevada 89701
The museum is now open Wednesday – Saturday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., (closed Sunday, Monday and Tuesday).
Closed: Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day
$8 adults, free for children 17 and under and museum members.
Parking is available in the free public lot on the west side of Curry St. behind the museum. Street parking limited to two hours. Persons with disabilities may use the designated spaces in the small lot directly west of the museum.
For more information, visit carsonnvmuseum.org.
Learn More about the historic Carson City Mint