The 2021 Jazz & Beyond Music and Art Festival this August includes the third annual Carson City Open Studios Tour on Saturday, August 21, and Sunday, August 22, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., at multiple studios throughout Carson City. A new one-day option has been added for artists to participate on Sunday, August 22, at the Bliss Mansion.
This admission-free cultural event showcases 26 local artists. They will present visual art and art demonstrations including painting, sculpture, pottery, 3D art, jewelry, glass, batik, and photography, in about a dozen individual and shared studio spaces. Several locations will include live music.
1. Moongirl Studio, 1705 Vineyard Way (Restroom available)
Artists: Karen Kreyeski, Francheskaa
Music on 8/21 & 8/22 by Jack DiCarlo (10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
2. Donna Jensen Studio, 2654 Wellington N.
Artist: Donna Jensen
3. Beltrame Studio, 1512 N. Nevada St.
Artist: Massimiliano (Max) Beltrame
4. Carson City Historical Society’s Carriage House, 1207 N. Carson Street (behind the Foreman Roberts House) (Restroom available)
Artist: Ronnie Rector
Also, CCHS’s “Notable Women of Eagle Valley” exhibit will be on display
Music by Mylo McCormick, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., both days
5. Bliss Mansion (Sunday 8/22 only), 608 Elizabeth Street (Restroom available), part of the “Garden Party at the Bliss Mansion” event, which runs from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
Artists: Cyndy Brenneman, Curtis Kortemeier, Suzy Musil, Penny Rand, Gail Rogers, Patricia Watkins
Music by Three’s a Crowd (12:30 to 2:30 p.m.), New World Jazz Project (3:30 to 5:30 p.m.), and Take This Band (6:00 to 8:00 p.m.)
6. Stillwell Art Studio, 5050 Hells Bells Road
Artists: Margaret Stillwell, Michael Bond, Victoria Galbraith, Jennifer Schnabel, Irene Taylor, LaVonne Vasick
Music by Colin Ross (Sat. 8/21 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Sun. 8/22 from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.)
7. Indigo Lotus, 403 N. Walsh St.
Artist: Ubon Edmonds
8. Colleen Reynolds Studio, 400 W. King St., Suite 111
Artists: Colleen Reynolds, Anette Rink
9. Nevada Artists Association (NAA) Gallery, 449 W. King Street (Restroom available)
Artist: Kristy Dial
Also, the NAA Summer Show will be on display, including at least one work by each of the 26 artists on the Tour.
Music 8/21 & 8/22 by Brother Dan Palmer (12:00 to 2:00 p.m., both days)
10. Carson City Pottery, 225 S. Richmond Ave.
Artists: Robin McGregor, Rich McGregor, Clair Bridwell, Maggie M
Music – 8/21 cello and ukulele (2:00 to 4:00 p.m.), 8/22 Dale Poune (12:00 to 2:00 p.m.)
11. Carol Brown Studio, 1083 Bandtail Drive
Artist: Carol Brown