Calling all artists and graphic designers!
Deadline extended until January 30th!
We’re looking for your help to capture the essence of Carson City. Our Visitors Center at 716 N. Carson Street will begin selling merchandise starting mid-late 2022. We’re searching for graphic designers and artists to create a graphic, logo or unique design that includes the words “Carson City” for new merchandise like clothing, water bottles, stickers, magnets and more.
Submitted designs will be put up for a community vote where one or more merchandise graphics will be selected. More information on how to vote will be released in early January.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The deadline for submissions is 6 p.m. January 30th, 2022
- The winner(s) will be announced by Tuesday, Feb. 11th, 2022, and will each be paid $500 for Visit Carson City to retain full rights to the design.
- You can submit more than one design but no more than 3 designs can be submitted from the same designer/artist.
- The design with the most community votes will be automatically chosen and other winners may be chosen by popular vote or by the Visit Carson City team.
- Local artists and designers are preferred, but all entries will be accepted regardless.
- Feel free to get creative! Create a design you’d be proud to wear and that you think visitors to Carson City would want to purchase.
- If more than 10 designs are submitted Visit Carson City will chose the top 10 designs for voting.
How to submit your design:
- The entries and any questions about the project must be submitted via email to Lydia Beck, marketing and PR manager at [email protected] with the subject, “Design Contest Submission”
- If submitting a question only please use “Design Contest Question” in the subject.
- Initial merchandise design entries must be submitted as a digital file in a .png format. Winning designs will be contacted to receive final vector design files.
- Voting will go live the week of Jan. 31, 2022, more details to come.
- Rules are subject to change if necessary.
We can’t wait to see your submissions!
“As we considered merchandise representative of Carson City, we really liked the idea of getting the community involved,” David Peterson, executive director at Visit Carson City, said. “Our sincere hope is that the people here participate either by submitting original designs or by voting for their favorite. The designs should not only encapsulate Carson City’s character, history and landscape, but should also bring the artist’s personal touch and creativity to the table and for this to be a graphic they’d be proud to wear.”