Steampunk at Mark Twain Days
What the heck is Steampunk, anyway? The Steampunk subculture is known for romanticizing the style of the Victorian era and combining the sophisticated and elegant aesthetic with uncovered and visible machinery, known as open-faced clockwork.
If this persona fits your fancy, we hope you’ll join us all weekend long at the Mark Twain Days Festival, decked out in your spectacular costume or just come to observe those who are!
We have two major events to participate in:
1- Cast of Characters Costumed Runway Show
Where: McFadden Plaza in the Heart of the Festival
When: Saturday, April 22 ~ 2:30-3:00 p.m
Cost: FREE to enter the show and to spectate
- Sam or Livy Look-a-Like
- Favorite Twain Character
- Vintage and Period Dress
- Steampunk Persona
- The Celebrated Costumed Kids of Carson City County
- Master of the Mustache
One-liners welcome! (10 seconds maximum) Keep it authentic and family-friendly!
Mark Twain Days Costumed Volunteers are welcome, and attendees at the Bowtie Ball and NSRM Steampunk event are encouraged to dress early and participate in the Pageant.
BE SURE TO COME A HAIR EARLY AT 2:20 AND GRAB YOUR FREE MARK TWAIN MUSTACHE FOR AN EPIC VIRAL PHOTO OP!
2- Steampunk and Steam Trains at the “Underground Ball” – Family Friendly!
Where: Nevada State Railroad Museum | 2180 S Carson St, Carson City, NV 89701
When: Saturday April 22 from 3:00-8:00pm
This is a great event for those who maybe missed a chance at the Bowtie Ball.
- Join in the fun with food trucks from Valley Eats,
- Beer carts from the Rotary of Carson City,
- Live music with the Black Irish Band and
- Photo ops galore with railroad equipment like the famous McKeen Car, the McKeen Car will run from 10-2p
- Also wristbands are available for unlimited train rides all evening long on the operating steam train from 2-7p
Tickets will be sold at the museum day of for $15, advanced sales online will not be available.