Explore Nevada’s History!
Now selling tickets for full route Saturday and Sunday rides:
May 7,8,21,22,28, and 29.
June 4,5,18 19, 25 & 26
July 23, 24, 30 & 31
August 6,7,27 & 28
September 17 & 18
October 1,2,8,9,15,16,22 & 23
Learn More & Book Tickets HERE.
- Adults (Ages 16-64): $55
Children (Ages 2-15): $35
Infants 24 months and under ride free when sitting on parent’s lap.
- Seniors (Ages 65+): $52
- Veterans (Must show ID upon arrival): $52
6.25 Hours Total
- Depart Carson City (Eastgate Depot) 10:00 am – Arrive Virginia City (F Street Depot) 11:30 am
- Depart Virginia City (F Street Depot) 3:00 pm – Arrive Carson City (Eastgate Depot) 4:15 pm
Rediscover Nevada’s rich history in mining and mills on the V&T Carson City-Virginia City route as you meander through tunnels, canyons and mining towns aboard a restored 1914 Pullman coach led by a 1916 Baldwin 2-8-0 steam locomotive. This relaxing, all-day train excursion is fully narrated with historical facts and anecdotes. Departing from Carson City’s Eastgate Depot, the 24-mile roundtrip tour includes a fun 3.5-hour stopover in historic Virginia City, where you can stroll the boardwalks and explore restaurants, shops, saloons, museums, mines and more.
- Scenic route through the Virginia Range
- Tunnel No. 2 – 566 feet long
- American Flat – site of a once-bustling mining town
- Scales/water stop – 260,000 tons of ore valued at billions of dollars were weighed at this location
- Possible wild mustang sightings
- Overman Open Mining Pit – 120 feet deep
- 3.5-hour stopover in historic Virginia City
- Fully narrated tour
- This activity is not wheelchair accessable. Wheelchairs and scooters will be transported to and from Virginia City.
Boarding begins 1/2 hour before your train departure time and closes 15 minutes prior departure time. Schedule and equipment subject to change. We reserve the right to sell your ticket if you have not checked in twenty minutes prior to scheduled train departure.
- No dogs allowed except service dogs
We reserve the right to replace the steam engine with a diesel engine with no notice.
Bench seating with 2 passengers per bench.