Great Western Steam Up!
Celebrate the 150th Anniversary of the completion of the Virgina & Truckee Railroad.
- Visiting Locomotives and Cars!
- Music and Entertainment!
- Food and Merchandise Vendors!
- Antique Steam Powered Vehicles!
- Lost Arts Demonstration!
July 1-4, 2022
Nevada State Railroad Museum
2180 S. Carson Street
Carson City, Nevada 89701
Fun for families and railroad enthusiasts.
Ride behind visiting narrow- and standard-gauge steam locomotives, watch the daily pageant of the steam locomotive, view historical vehicle and equipment displays, enjoy local food trucks, listen to live entertainment, interact with handcraft vendors and more!
View the largest reunion of existing Virginia & Truckee locomotives assembled in over 75 years, including the famous Reno, No. 11.
OVER 10 operating steam locomotives representing six historic Nevada railroads, including:
- Southern Pacific Narrow Guage No. 18, the “Slim Princess”
- Eureka & Palisade No. 4, Eureka
- Santa Cruz Portland Cement No 2, the Chiggen
- Bluestone Mining & Smelting Heisler No. 1
- Nevada County Narrow Guage No. 5 (formerly Tahoe)Carson & Tahoe
- Carson & Tahoe Lumber & Fluming Co., Glenbrook
- Virginia & Truckee No. 22, Inyo
- Virginia & Truckee No. 25
- Cortez Mining Co. Anne Marie
Early Bird Tickets
$29 per day for people 12 and up
$10 per day for children 4-11 years old
Children under 3 are free!
All tickets include unlimited regular train rides on a “first come, first served” basis.
$50 for VIP Early Admission (limited to 50 guests per day) – Allows entry two hours prior to regular admission and includes opportunities to photograph the locomotives as they fire up, help fuel them and watch them move into position to start the event. VIP ticket holders can also participate in a guided “Hostler’s Tour” of the grounds prior to the regular opening time.
$75 for VIP Excursion (limited to 40 guests) – A special train ride in our restored V&T Coach #4 pulled by V&T locomotive No. 22, the Inyo. This combination has never before been available for excursion trains. The special train departs from the Wabuska Depot at high noon each day and the ride lasts approximately 30 minutes.
New members of the Friends of the Nevada State Railroad Museum can get discounted admission at $20.